Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"It's Kinda Tough Gettin' Older..."



Tomorrow starts the month of August and I am down to less than 2 weeks left of being in my beloved city...Sigh. I can't say it's not hard or even that I'm looking forward to it w/ 100% enthusiasm. Granted, my feelings about it have improved over the last couple weeks and I am anxious to see some friends and just be in awe of all that God has in store.

I shot some senior pictures for a friend a little while back and we were just talkin about God and life. And I told him about how God's been speaking adventure into my life...that I wasn't meant to just sit around waiting for only the average stuff to happen. He then said, "Well, it looks like where you're at right now is just the prelude, huh?"

:)

I'm a little scared because thus begins yet another year of change, challenges, and growth. I have no clue what to expect. All I know is that I love my family and the beautiful Chicago more and more as I'm being separated from it.

Oh Lord, what do you have in store?
I expect that my nervous, apprehensive heart will be taken back by His pure goodness.


Jeremiah 17:7-8 (New International Version)

7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.

8 He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."

2 comments:

Sarah Barlow said...

OHH!! God has AMAZING things in store!! I soooo can't wait to see everything that he does in your life! I'm sure he's going to completely astound you!

This is going to be a fun ride baby! hehe:)

Ginger Murray said...

I hear you...
Only God knows where we'll be in a year.. SO many changes can happen.
It can be scary.. but yeah, we just have to trust God.