Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blogging is Good for my "Input" Mind.

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."
-1 Timothy 6:6-8


Just some food for thought today...


Also, a highlight from this book I'm reading. I've been talking about it and badly want to blog about it, but I still haven't had a chance to finish it! It's making me crazy but I am setting my mind on getting it done and writing about it two blog posts from now. In the meantime, enjoy this hard-hitting excerpt:

"Because if "God loves me" is the message of Christianity, then who is the object of Christianity?
God loves me.
Me.
Christianity's object is me.
... But it is not biblical Christianity.
The message of biblical Christianity is not "God loves me, period," as if we were the objects of our own faith. The message of biblical Christianity is "God loves me so that I might make him- his ways, his salvation, his glory, and his greatness- known among all nations." Now God is the object of our faith, and Christianity centers around him. We are not the end of the gospel; God is."

What a healthy, necessary rebuke to the church today. More to come!


Lastly, I just listened to a radio interview with Jeromy and Jennifer Deibler of FFH now that they have "returned to the scene" of the music biz after a 3 year break/sabbatical. It wasn't hard to tell how much the Lord has molded them in the time off they spent serving in South Africa and regaining balance in their marriage and family life. This song is a reflection of it as well and really penetrated my heart, especially at the chorus:




Oh and if you don't know what I mean by "input," you can learn about it here.
Enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments: