Saturday, April 16, 2011

Radical.

Okay, as promised, today I am blogging about the book I have been reading lately:

(Facebook readers, click here)

Radical by David Platt from Taylor Robinson on Vimeo.



... pretty epic video, huh?

The book is not as compelling emotionally. But spiritually, there is a sense of undoing inside as I have been reading this book. The beginning does truly tug at everything inside as Platt paints a vivid picture of The Church overseas and what The Church looks like here in America.

There is so much to this book, it has rendered me speechless! Let me keep trying...

David Platt dissects the American church, rule by rule; norm by norm. He compares these things to the basic foundation of biblical Christianity- The Great Commission. As chapters pass, every standard and rule pales by comparison to what scripture actually says.

Platt is throwing off the American Church's rose colored glasses much to the relief of my spirit and that of the world's heart cry, I am sure.

I still have four of the nine chapters to finish and may post on this again after I finish it completely. Please, buy it and read it! Whether you've been a Christian all your life, new to the faith, or were simply raised in the church, this book is a breath of fresh air.

Though only half way through, I am already challenged to be more dependent on God and His Word in order to be more effective as His disciple.


...


On a different note, I've been listening to this album again today & enjoy sharing it with the world. This is Robert's first album, but it is excellent. I am excited for him and what is to come for his career. Enjoy!

No comments: